Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What can someone do with a degree in Computer Information Systems?

Hi, I have graduated in June 2009 with a BA in Computer Information Systems from Baruch College. I am having trouble finding an entry level position in the field. Is there a certain position that I should focus on which is more likely to hire an entry level employee.What can someone do with a degree in Computer Information Systems?Well, my hubby is in IT. It seems like there is a high turnover in Help Desk, since no one likes doing it. So, there should be a lot of opportunity in that area. And, if you handle stupid user questions and problems without attitude, you will likely move up very quickly.What can someone do with a degree in Computer Information Systems?I have a BA in Computer Information Systems and after I graduated I started working in the IT department with an "intern" type position, where I was doing some programming in MS Access, developing programs and documentation for software. Afterward, I moved on to become a Programmer/Analyst. So I would say it all depends on what your interests are. For instance, you can also apply for positions in tech support or help desk. Those are pretty much entry level.

No comments:

Post a Comment