Monday, January 30, 2012

How do I organize information on my computer to write a family history from family letters?

I have letters between family members going back to 1860 and I want to be able access the information and collate it.How do I organize information on my computer to write a family history from family letters?I would first scan the letters to make sure that you have a backup in case something happens to the originals. Then I would transcribe them (type out what the letter says).



Then, you could copy and paste the information into one document by date of the letter.



Good luck,

Dave

--

Create a genealogy website at http://www.familypulse.orgHow do I organize information on my computer to write a family history from family letters?Depends on how you want to collate it. If you want to collate chronologically...try making folders by year maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment