Monday, January 30, 2012

What is the biological information and cure for the flu?

I think I have the flu, its what everyone is telling me. I'm constantly feeling cold and shivering yet I'm actually very hot because everything around me is cold when I touch it. Because I feel cold I want to wrap myself up ever more and at night I hallucinate because I'm too hot and I wake up in cold sweats.



Anyone know the biological information behind this and how can I overcome it?What is the biological information and cure for the flu?You have a fever, your body is trying to maintain a higher temperature than normal and your feeling cold and shivering is your body's way of increasing it temperature.



Fevers over 105F are dangerous. If your temperature is approaching this you should seek medical attention. Don't wrap yourself up as this will make your fever higher.



For fevers over 102.5F you should take ibuprofen, for lower fevers it is better to take acetaminophen (paracetamol).



When your temperature starts to decrease, you will feel hot (sweats), when it is going up, you will feel cold and shiver.



Any fever high enough to cause you to hallucinate is worth going to the emergency room. This is beyond what is safe to self-treat. Please go now, and remember not to wrap up as it will make your fever higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment