Friday, January 27, 2012

What happens if I lost one of the "tax information papers my employer send" while filing taxes ?

What happens If I lose one of my employers tax information letter?

I worked at 4 - 5 places last year and I have almost all the papers from my employers except for one ..

That place was a "cold calling center" and I only worked there for a week .



Can I still do my tax without it ? Is the IRS gonna come after me ? I mean what do I do in such a situation ... ?What happens if I lost one of the "tax information papers my employer send" while filing taxes ?If an employer issued you a W-2, then the IRS knows you earned that money and will match up with your return to make sure you report it on your tax return. Just call that employer and ask for another copy. Don't risk not reporting it---the IRS will be on you for the tax owed, PLUS interest and penalties.What happens if I lost one of the "tax information papers my employer send" while filing taxes ?You need to call them and get a copy. You have to file ALL of your jobs on your return. And yes the IRS will notice if you don't.What happens if I lost one of the "tax information papers my employer send" while filing taxes ?You need to call them and get another copy. You can't file without it.What happens if I lost one of the "tax information papers my employer send" while filing taxes ?
You need all your W-2's to file accurately. If you get audited, you may pay a penalty for this, most likely not, but the IRS does not accept personal negligence or laziness as an excuse. You simply contact the company and update your address with them and request the info be sent to you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment